What is Joomla?
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
With millions of websites running on Joomla, the software is used by individuals, small & medium-sized businesses, and large organizations worldwide to easily create & build a variety of websites & web-enabled applications.
What Joomla! can do?
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
Site and Administrator
Your site actually has two separate sites. The site (also called the front end) is what visitors to your site will see. The administrator (also called the back end) is only used by people managing your site. You can access the administrator by clicking the "Site Administrator" link on the "This Site" menu or by adding /administrator to the end of you domain name.
Log in to the administrator using the username and password created during the installation of Joomla.
There is much more to learn about how to use Joomla! to create the web site you envision. You can learn much more at the Joomla! documentation site and on the Joomla! forums.
The Style Settings panel in the Gantry based theme administration interface provides several options for configuring the main built in stylistic aspects of the template.
Gantry also provides the ability for you to create your own custom presets based on any parameter in the theme administrator. You should determine which parameters you wish to configure to be a part of the presets.
Assigning a Style
With Gantry, the ability to assign a certain style to an individual page has never been easier and/or more efficient. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Extensions → Template Manager → rt_lumiere → Assignments → *Menu Item*
- Select your preset from Show Presets, configure and save.
After setting your defaults to the desired values, select the Menu Items button and choose the menu item you wish to modify the parameters for. You will then see a series of checkboxes on the left of all the supported parameters.
Select the checkbox next to the parameter you wish to modify, it will then become active, and you can modify as you wish. Clicking “Save” in the toolbar will then save this configuration.
Gantry Framework: Style Configuration
The following is a guide that covers how to set up your new Lumiere template on your Joomla! site. Here you can find an overview of the files included in the Lumiere release and instructions on installing and activating the template in your Joomla! install.
Note: The Bundle Template is only necessary if the Gantry Library is not installed at /libraries/gantry directory.
Step 1 - Installation
- Install from Admin → Extensions → Extensions Manager
- Browse for rt_lumiere.zip and click Upload & Install
Step 2 - Template Default
- Make the template default at Admin → Extensions → Template Manager
- Select rt_lumiere
- Press Make Default
We always recommend installing a RocketLauncher first to trial and understand the template more effectively. It must be installed as new, and not over an existing Joomla install.
Step 1 - Upload
- Download the RocketLauncher
- Unzip the file
- Upload the created folder to your server
Note: You can upload all the files via FTP, or use cPanel or SSH to upload the zip and unzip directly onto the server. Enquire with your hosting provider.
Step 2 - Installation
- Go to www.yoursite.com/*folder name*
- Follow the Installation instructions
- Ensure you click Install Sample Data during installation
- Remove the installation folder in the Installation interface
1. The Logo Picker
- Enable Logo and set to Custom at Admin → Extensions → Templates Manager → rt_lumiere → Features.
- Set Logo Picker to either RokGallery or MediaManager.
- Select your logo, Insert and Save
2. Manual Change
- Enable Logo and set Type to Lumiere.
- Upload logo.png to the
- Clear your browser cache and refresh.
If you cannot see your new logo, ensure you have uploaded it to the right directory and the directory permissions are writeable. Enquire with your hosting provider.
Download Sources Here
Lumiere for Joomla is a RocketTheme Joomla Template Club release featuring the revolutionary Gantry Joomla Template Framework. Gantry is a comprehensive set of building blocks to enable the rapid development and realization of a design into a flexible and powerful web platform theme.
To configure the template, navigate to Extensions → Template Manager → rt_lumiere. Mouseover the labels to view a description of each parameter.